As I’ve mentioned before, I like working with wood. And I made this tray on Sunday with left over fence wood. It’s been in my house since the storm, and now I finally know what to do with it. In an effort to increase my readership, I’m having a contest, and the winner gets the tray. It measures 15 1/5″ x 12″. Stained in weathered gray, with black metal handles, with a copper stripe accent. I’ll pay for USPS shipping to the CONTINENTAL US only! Overseas participants, will probably get a $30 Amazon gift card AND the chance to point out their favorite story to send the tray to.
Back in November, one of the blogs I read on a regular basis had a writing contest. I participated, but I didn’t win. It’s ok, I’m not too bummed about it and my story is still pretty ok. Who am I kidding, I hate not winning… But it’s one of those things that I’m working on. Any who, I read all the other stories there and even began following some of the participants. Well, what Exhibit A did was inspire me to have a contest of my own. It’s probably not gonna work, cause I think I have only three followers, but what the hell! If anything else, it’s a beautiful tray!
Here are the rules:
- Pick a one of the themes
- Write a short story. Between 500 and 2000 words, in any genre you like, as long as it reflects the theme you picked.
- If you have a blog, publish it and link it back to me by 11pm, February 28.
- If you do not have a blog, send it to me, and I will publish it in my blog. By EST 11pm February 28.
- Send over your friends and family to “like” your story (and hopefully read all of them!).
I will read all the stories and basically pick the one that I like the most. But I will be paying attention to the “likes” on each story and keep that number in mind. Here are the topics:
- Lost and Rendered
- Why can’t I let my demons die?
- Old wolf Mother
- White Water
- Habitually Late
- Dressing for the Occasion
- Cruise Lunch
- Arctic Demons
- We are not Snowflakes
- Apples, Oranges and Wine
Depending on the amount of stories, if any, will determine how long it will take to select the winner. I’ll give a deadline after February 28th.Tags: blog, contest, followers, hand made, tray, wood