Liebster AwardMay 19, 2018 12:37 pm
One of the mom blogs that I read on a regular basis sent me a message on social media that said:
Just wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for the 2018 Liebster Award! Here’s the link for more info: www.mamaofkings.com/2nd-liebster-award/!
She said that she really likes my blog, which is surprising cause I don’t really like my blog! So after I was fully flattered and thanked her, I thought: what’s the Liebster Award? So I looked it up. The Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers BY OTHER BLOGGERS! The word “liebster” is a German word meaning “dearest, valued, or beloved”. It is meant to help bloggers connect and support each other. It’s very sweet that she thought of me. Or she didn’t have anybody else to nominate. Either way, I’m glad cause I hadn’t written anything in a while and this was a good way to jump back in.
Here are the rules:
- Link the original Liebster blog to your post.
- Answer the questions given to you by whoever nominated you.
- Create new questions for those you will nominating.
- Comment on the original blog post with your link
- Write small post about why you are passionate about blogging:
- I have a blog cause I want to learn how to be a better and faster writer. If you’ve been reading my blog, it will come as no surprise that I have some serious grammar and spelling problems to work on. I have to keep getting better ideas for my post. It give’s me a way to exercise my creative side (but who am I kidding, I only have a creative side… I’m nothing if I’m not creating something). Also, it’s my outlet to vent about anything I want.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself.
- I was the only natural birth my mother had.
- I was a FEMA certified first responder.
- I helped write legislation.
- I have stood in the intersection of the world’s longest avenue and the worlds widest avenue.
- I’ve broken four bones and been on a cast twice.
- Most people cannot pronounce my first name. My kindergarten teacher nicknamed me Susie.
- My mother in law talks to the kid in more Spanish than me.
- I can recite from memory most of the Friends episodes.
- Burgundy is my signature color.
- I prefer the metric system.
- NOMINATE 5-11 blogs
- Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated.
Here are the questions I need to answer:
- If you could be a toddler for a day, what would you be sure to do? Nap.
- What is your craziest #MomLife moment? Loosing my bladder control at the Costco parking lot
- If you could open a new restaurant TOMORROW, what kind of cuisine would you serve? A classy constant tea party themed restaurant. Pastries, finger sandwiches, tea and coffee. Hats and gloves would mandatory.
- What does your favorite color say about you? I’m dark and sultry… or I just look really good in burgandy
- Crunchy, silky, or scrunchy – what type of mama are YOU? I had to ask the kid this question and she said: “scrunchy!” Ok.
- Would you rather know WHEN you are going to die, or HOW? (Keep in mind you can’t change either one by knowing!) When. Definitely when.
- CONFESSION TIME: What is something that you did and no one ever found out? I smoked my first cigarette when I was twelve years old. Actually, I just took a drag and that was it.
- What is something that TV made you think would be a common issue as an adult, but it really isn’t? That women my age didn’t like sex. In the 80s and 90s, all the women on TV, in their thirties where always not in the mood. That is some serious bull…..
- Imagine the gag reel/bloopers in your life. What would be on it? Every time I fell, and every time I didn’t know how to pronounce a word.
- Would you rather lose all of your belongings you own or every picture you have? Loose all my belongings. Burn that shit… It’s easier to collect crap, than to remember all the good moments.
The questions I came up with for my nominees:
- Besides the bathroom, where do you find inspiration to write?
- Have you ever handcrafted anything?
- List of your top five: movies, books and/or albums
- Weirdest gift you have ever given to someone (mine is a toilet seat to a coworker… she didn’t ask for it, but I thought of it as original)
- Finish this sentence: I secretly wish I could have been… (I wanted to be a princess from a far away land)
- Coffee or tea: why?
- Name one thing you could dis-invent.
- When the apocalypse comes (and have no doubt that it is currently under way!) how long do you think you’ll last?
- In the last four years, have you ever lost control of your bladder? (I need to know that I’m not alone…)
- Mango or Papaya? And there is a right answer….
If you choose to accept the nomination, be sure to post a link to your Liebster Award in the comment section